BCM awards Discretionary Donations of $5,000 or less to community organizations and these small grants are typically used to support fundraising and community events. If your organization seeks funding and aligns with BCM’s Mission and Core Values, please see the details and requirements outlined in the text below, and we encourage you to submit an application.
- Grant amounts range from $250 to $5,000.
- The organization and its programmatic work must impact Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, St. Bernard or Plaquemines Parish.
- The organization must be classified as one of the following: Tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (excluding 509(a) private foundations); Governmental entities (Section 170(c)(1)); and State colleges and universities (Section 511(a)(2)(B)).
- Churches are ineligible for funding. However, churches with programs that hold a separate and valid 501(c)(3) status are eligible.
- Applicants must complete a Discretionary Donation Request Form. Applications may be submitted any time during the year. We suggest that you submit your application at least six weeks prior to your event.
- Monthly, BCM will review all applications and notify those selected to receive the award.
Applications are reviewed directly by the BCM Board Chair and President & CEO.
Applicants will be informed via email from BCM staff if your request has been approved.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process, please email our team at: