January 7, 2019: CHRISTY ROSS PROMOTED TO SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF GRANTS AT BCM
Christy Ross was recently promoted to Senior Vice President of Grants with Baptist Community Ministries. She previously served as Vice President of Health Grants with the Foundation.
In her role as Senior Vice President, she leads a team of six grantmaking professionals overseeing the Foundation’s grantmaking processes.
Mrs. Ross has over 15 years in both the clinical healthcare and public health sectors. She has held key leadership positions with local institutions including the Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans (Charity Hospital), Tulane HCA Hospital, Louisiana Public Health Institute, and Metropolitan Human Services District. Mrs. Ross has also served as an adjunct instructor at Dillard University in the School of Public Health.
She received a Master’s Degree in Health Administration from Tulane University, and a Bachelor of Science degree from Xavier University of Louisiana.
She is a 2018 Terrance Keenan Institute (Grantmakers in Health) Fellow and a 2017 graduate of the New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute. She sits on the board of Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana and the community advisory board of LSU Health Sciences Center School of Public Health.
Mrs. Ross is married to Cardell Ross, Jr. They have one son, Trey.
May 31, 2018: BCM ANNOUNCES SPRING 2018 TRANSOM GRANTEES
Baptist Community Ministries has awarded eight grants to local nonprofit organizations totaling $2,023,340 in our spring 2018 transom grant cycle. They include:
- Bastion: Veterans Health and Reintegration Initiative – $450,000
- CATCH Global Foundation: Jefferson Parish CATCH Coordinated School Health Initiative – $78,700
- Center for Resilience: Center for Resilience Transition: Expansion Staff – $260,000
- Communities in Schools of Greater New Orleans: Improving Outcomes throughout the Region with Integrated Student Supports – $150,000
- KID smart: Arts Literacy NOLA – $373,618
- Nuestra Voz NOLA: ¡D.A.L.E.! Fellowship/Defender – $300,000
- Policy Institute for the Children of Louisiana: Early Care and Education Master Plan – $150,000
- Young Audiences, Inc.: Louisiana Wolf Trap Early Learning through the Arts Early Head Start and Head Start Initiative – $261,022
Congratulations to our newest grantees!
BCM funds eligible non-profit organizations in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, St. Tammany and Plaquemines in three zones of interest including health, education, and public safety in open and invitation-only grantmaking programs. To learn more about our grantmaking and opportunities for partnership, please visit our website: www.bcm.org/grants.
December 13, 2017: BCM ANNOUNCES FALL 2017 TRANSOM GRANTEES
Baptist Community Ministries has awarded nine grants to local nonprofit organizations totaling $2,726,673 in our fall 2017 transom grant cycle. They include:
- Bard Early College in New Orleans: Launching the Bard Early College Academy in New Orleans –$150,000
- Children’s Hospital: Children’s Hospital Behavioral Health Telepsychiatry Program – $161,331
- Collegiate Academies: Opportunities for Academy Citywide Expansion – $375,000
- Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse: Project Reconnect– $323,305
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation: Mothers’ Milk Bank of Louisiana at Ochsner Baptist Start-up –$352,907
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans: Therapeutic Food Pantry– $464,130
- Volunteers of America/Greater New Orleans, Inc.: Building Sustainability of Fresh Food Factor Providing Healthy Meals and Lifestyle Choices to Children – $300,000
- Youth Empowerment Project: Youth Empowerment Project Work & Learn Center– $450,000
- Youth Run NOLA: Youth Run NOLA High School Mentorship Experience– $150,000
BCM transom grants are awarded competitively. In our fall 2017 cycle, 94 organizations submitted Letters of Intent and our Grants Committee invited 39 applicants to submit a full proposal. All applications are rigorously reviewed and scored by BCM’s program staff and outside experts, deliberated on by our Grants Committee, and approved by our Board of Trustees. Congratulations to our newest grantees!
BCM funds eligible non-profit organizations in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, St. Tammany and Plaquemines in four zones of interest including health, education, public safety and government oversight in open and invitation-only grantmaking programs. To learn more about our grantmaking and opportunities for partnership, please visit our website: www.bcm.org/grants.
June 1, 2017: BCM ANNOUNCES SPRING 2017 TRANSOM GRANTEES
Baptist Community Ministries has awarded nine grants to local nonprofit organizations totaling $1,936,128.
- CASA New Orleans for Transitioning Foster Youth Programming – $232,650
- Educate Now! For YouthForce NOLA: A Career Readiness Initiative for New Orleans Youth – $450,000
- Louisiana Outdoor Outreach Program for Outdoor Adventure Experiences for Greater New Orleans Public School Students – $225,000
- St. Roch Community Development Corporation for Launch NOLA: Helping underserved, urban entrepreneurs start and grow their own small business – $100,000
- unCommon Construction for unCommon Construction Apprenticeship Program – $150,000
- Young Aspirations/Young Artists (YA/YA), Inc. for Leadership and Life Skills Training for YAYA Guild Members – $225,000
- NAMI St. Tammany for Peer Run Drop-In Center – $199,478
- YMCA of Greater New Orleans for a Comprehensive Study of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Resources in the Greater New Orleans Region – $294,000
- New Orleans Police and Justice Foundation for Reducing waste and promoting fact-based decision making in the Orleans Parish criminal justice system – $60,000
BCM grants are awarded competitively. 74 organizations submitted Letters of Intent and our Grants Committee approved a slate of 26 LOI applicants for invitation to submit a full proposal. All applications are rigorously reviewed and scored by BCM’s program staff and outside experts. BCM funds eligible non-profit organizations in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, St. Tammany and Plaquemines in four zones of interest including health, education, public safety and governmental oversight. Letters of Intent and Applications are accepted twice a year in August and February. To learn more about our grantmaking, please visit our website: www.bcm.org/grants.
Congratulations to our newest grantees!
May 22, 2017: BCM, in partnership with the City of New Orleans and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation are seeking community participants to join the city’s newest Community Advisory Group. Learn more about the initiative here!
April 1, 2017: Read our 2016 Annual Report here!